Monday, July 30, 2012

A Dose of Motivation...

This weekend wherever I went I made sure I was tuned into NBC. I was so excited for the Olympics to start! I watched the opening ceremony Friday with my friend Megan (whilst enjoying some happy hour). Then Saturday I watched at home and while out to eat with the family. Come Sunday, I hung out by the pool and yes, we had a t.v. on the patio! I just couldn't escape it. It's so exciting and inspiring to watch these athletes (most of them who are crazy young) put all their years of training on the line in hopes of a medal. It can be life changing and heart breaking all in a matter of minutes, seconds even. And talk about some work out motivation! Now I've never been one to have a set work out schedule and I hate going to the gym. I'd much rather be out "doing something" (playing volleyball, hiking, snowboarding etc.) but recently I've been motivated to get myself in shape! I guess turning 28 soon can do that, (and having a friend finish an Ironman) eeek! Yeah, I felt reeeeal outta shape after that one! So I've been working out 3 times a week and playing volleyball once a week. I've been doing it with a friend and it's awesome to have someone who can push you and hold you accountable. It's been over a month and I feel so much better! Now I'm ready to step up my work out wardrobe. I'm in desperate need of some new running shoes but I have yet to be able to choose the Nike's over the cute leopard heels..or the purse..or the swimsuit...well you get the point. ha! I know, I'm terrible. But these fun, bright colored items are changing my mind! So I'm off to find myself the most obnoxiously loud pair of shoes possible!! Anyone have suggestions on a pair? And I'd love to hear what keeps you motivated?
 
 
I Work Out.

 

7 comments:

  1. Yes, I always need a daily dose of motivation! The Olympics are really helping me out now too haha

    xo Jennifer

    http://seekingstyleblog.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I seriously believe that having cute workout clothes makes it so much easier to workout... ha ha! I need to start watching the Olympics to get more motivation to work out! It's hard to have motivation while being pregnant because you KNOW that every time you step on the scale your weight has gone up, and your body is changing (for the bigger) every day. Ah!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. At least you have a good excuse for the lack of motivation Courtney! :) Congrats on the pregnancy!

      Delete
  3. I agree, it's totally inspiring seeing those amazing young Olympians doing their thing! Sadly I'm super un-athletic and have yet to find a sport or workout routine that I can stick to, with the exception of yoga which I love!

    http://dreamingenfrancais.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Can you believe I've never tried yoga!? I want to, but it seems a lil intimidating. :/

      Delete