Friday, July 6, 2012

A Dose of Stars and Stripes...

Most days you'll hear me complaining about the ridiculous heat here in Arizona, however lots of sunshine is to be expected come the 4th of July! Pool parties, lake trips, and tubing down the river are the standard around here on summer holidays. So you can imagine everyone's shock and slight disappointment when we all woke up to a cloudy, rainy day. Our pool party was a bust! So what did we do...? We had Mexican food and margaritas of course! Very patriotic, I know. How did you all spend your holiday?

At least I'm sporting my stripes...right?

We manage to con some nice gentlemen into buying us these ridiculous hats and necklaces! Haggling...it's the American way!

We ended our night with fireworks and some ice cream!

And I can't help but just laugh at this picture my sis sent me... how adorable is my nephew?? Poor Brinley just wasn't stoked about taking pictures...or that bow on her head. :(


*Because of the crazy mid-week vacation my days were all off! I didn't get to put together a proper Friday's Fancies post but you can check out some more Stars and Stripes inspiration here. Hope you all have a great weekend!

9 comments:

  1. We had a pool party too. I was siting in my hot tub in the rain at 10am. I got too cold after a while but all the kids swam all day. Hard core!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha that is too funny! Kids are lil fishies...they will swim no matter what the weather! :)

      Delete
  2. Looks like you had a ton of fun and I'm loving those photos in that hat!

    ReplyDelete
  3. looks like a lot of fun :)

    - lauren

    ReplyDelete
  4. love the last picture! so cute!!!

    Have a nice weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. looks like such a great time! those babies are so cute....screaming and all! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. those kiddies are too cute for words!

    ReplyDelete
  7. aw, that last picture is so cute and sad all at the same time. it all looks like so much fun!! happy belated fourth!
    xo TJ

    ReplyDelete