Friday, March 8, 2013

A Dose of Rock and Roll...


Well folks, I did something this week that I would have never imagined myself doing, like ever! I signed up for the Rock and Roll Half Marathon in San Diego! Yep, and this is coming from someone who would never classify herself as a "runner". Even though I've always played sports and consider myself to be pretty athletic, running has just never been my thing. Until recently that is. It was only about 6 months or so ago that I started running regularly and now here I am, 12 weeks away from tackling 13.1 miles! Um, wow. I'm excited and nervous all at the same time. But I'm not too worried because I have a great motivator and "coach" to help me along the way. And the best part, I'll be running with one of my best girlfriends, and hello, it's in San Diego! So I can't wait! But now I need your help. Do you all have any training tips, websites I should check out (running blogs!?), ways to stay motivated, recommendations on gear, what to bring...?? I could go on and on! I'm all ears! Thanks a bunch. 

1 comment:

  1. That's awesome, I ran one a few years back! Loved it and seriously adrenaline kicks in and its not too bad. Good luck;)

    ReplyDelete