Tuesday, November 20, 2012

A Dose of Volunteering...

This past weekend I checked another item off my Fall To-Do list. I volunteered for Ironman Arizona! It's definitely the coolest, biggest, most intense and inspiring sporting events I've ever witnessed. It's held in Tempe and around 2500 athletes participated along with thousands of volunteers. If you remember, I had a friend who competed in an Ironman back in May and I was a spectator but to be on the other side of things was a totally new experience. To see how much time, energy, money and heart goes into these events is just awesome! You get to see young athletes in there twenties all the way to the 78 year old man who made it across the finish line with minutes to spare! Now if that's not motivation then I don't know what is! Congrats to all the athletes who competed and good luck to my friend Nick who signed up for next year's race!


1/2

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful pictures! I've driven by the spot several times while visiting AZ - love it!

    xo Ashley
    http://www.ashnfashn.com

    ReplyDelete