Friday, October 5, 2012

A Dose of Monotone...

I'm pretty sure there is nothing better than an all black ensemble. It just always looks so sophisticated, sexy and chic. So for this week's Friday's Fancies it was really hard for me to put together an outfit that wasn't black. Because well, what would be the fun in that? Instead I went with the next best thing, burgundy! It is after all, this seasons' "it" color.

Marvelous Monotone

I think the important thing to remember when putting together a monochromatic look is texture. Don't be afraid to mix and match. The reason I love this look is for the subtle touches like leather, suede, studs, and brocade. They all add interesting detail to what could otherwise be a pretty boring look! What do you think? Are you a fan of this look? Here is some more inspiration for you if your not yet convinced! :)






via



11 comments:

  1. i'm totally on the burgundy bandwagon this fall. especially love those loafers + that tee! xox

    ReplyDelete
  2. i think it much prefer burgundy as opposed to oxblood, i feel like i should be a vampire if i am wearing oxblood

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha..right?! I'm not a fan of "oxblood" either...I'll stick with burgundy!

      Delete
  3. love this look! i am also just totally and completely obsessed with all black. always have been. always will be. if i had gotten my act together and done a post today, i would have not been able to convince myself to branch out. i'm glad you did though! love those bags like fa realz.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Monotone is so chic and I have a burgundy look I cant wait to wear as soon as it cools off more!

    ReplyDelete
  5. i really love this color, from my point of view it's so elegant!

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey honey! Thanks for linking up but I don't see the link back to my blog...if you can add it and re add your link that would be great! Kori xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like that you did both a day and night look without changing too much about the outfit. This would be perfect for leaving work and going to straight to happy hour. Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  8. how do they look so good and like they just threw something on and ran out the door at the same time. so rude

    ReplyDelete