Tuesday, June 19, 2012

A Dose of Ink...

Last month I shared the awesome story about my friend Nick who completed his first Ironman. Well, if you happen to hang around any triathletes or attend any races you might notice that some of them have a tattoo with the IM logo. This is a sort of "right of passage" for those who have completed an Ironman race. So long before his actual race Nick said he would definitely be joining this selective club if he ended up finishing. Sure enough, a couple weeks ago he made it official and I tagged along to document the event. Now I don't have any tattoos nor have I seen anyone actually get a tattoo so it was actually a very cool experience. Let me tell you, these artists are majorly talented. I can barely draw a straight line so how they manage to create some of the tattoos they do is just amazing.

Pre-ink and super excited!

Making progress...

Two hours later and the finished product...instead of just the red M-dot (which is the typical tattoo most get) he decided to do the full logo across his wrist.


I think it turned out great! I'm not sure if I'd ever get one myself but I can totally appreciate the art of expression and those with special meaning behind it. What are your thoughts? Would you ever get a tattoo? Do you have any tattoos? I'd love to hear the story behind it. I think if (big if) I ever got one it would have to be pretty small and dainty. :)

tattoologist.com

unknown

unknown

fyeahtattoos.com



No comments:

Post a Comment