Summer is starting to makes it's appearance around here and with all the heat, humidity, sun and chlorine it usually ends up doing a number on my long locks. So in order to prevent the inevitable boring, sweaty ponytail I've made a list of some summer hair savers. Just because it's hot out and your spending most of your time trying to stay cool doesn't mean your do' has to suffer! Tell me, what will your go-to summer hair look be?
1. A Hat- Whether it's a panama or a classic fedora, rocking a hat this summer is a great way to protect your locks (and skin) while still looking chic. Find one with a touch of neon for a fun and trendy look!
2. Headbands- These bright colored and rhinestone headbands add punch to any outfit and are multi-functional. For a more Boho look this flower halo is perfect.
3. Hair clips- The ocean breeze can cause major damage so keep those strands in place without boring bobby pins. This bow clip is sailor inspired and these Marc clips add glitz for a night out.
4. Scarfs/Turbans- This is my favorite summer hair look. There are endless options so which ever you choose and however you wear it, it's guaranteed to pull together any look!
5. Hair ties- Sometimes you just need to pull back your locks but hair ties don't have to be plain. These colorful ties are great for day and won't tangle and tear your strands. (You can also sport them as bracelets!) For night, a gold hair cuff is the perfect accessory to a sleek and sexy ponytail.
Hope these items will inspire you to try some fun summer looks!